Octane Recruitment Limited Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides you with information about how we collect, hold and process personal data relating to all of our employees, workers, contractors, clients, and candidates in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting, holding or processing personal information about you (so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Our contact details
Octane Recruitment Limited is a limited company registered at Companies House with company number 07013127 and its registered office address is G3, Ram Mill, Gordon Street, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9RH.
Octane Recruitment have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Octane Recruitment Limited
Name: Rik Baynes
Address: G3, Ram Mill, Gordon Street, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9RH
Phone Number: 0161 300 5430
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect, store and process a wide range of information about our employees, clients, workers, candidates and contractors.
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, date of birth, and contact details)
• Information provided in documents provided to us including but not limited to curriculum vitae, application form and information provided in interviews
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• When you wish to become a candidate or client
• When you create an account on our website
• When you subscribe to updates including marketing and job alerts
• Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions
• A candidate’s referees
• Qualification checking
• Verification of information you have provided from third party sources
• Psychometric evaluations or skills tests
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• Professional social media and networking sites
• Job boards that you have registered your details on
• Online CV libraries
We use the information that you have given us to:
• Assess an individual’s skills, qualifications and suitability for the role
• Conduct background and reference checks where applicable
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process, including asking you to leave a review or take a survey
• Keep records
• Related to our hiring processes
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
• To maintain a business relationship with you where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate
• To provide our professional services to you and answer your enquiries
• To enable you to submit your cv for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts
• To retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than for the specific role which you have contacted us about
• To register you with us and/or register an account for you on our website
• To fulfil our contractual obligations with our clients, including providing recruitment services and assisting with a particular resourcing requirement
• To deliver relevant marketing services, advise you of industry news and updates, competitions, events, reports and other information
• To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients to apply for jobs
• To clients who have suitable vacancies for jobs in which you are interested
• To perform payroll or invoicing duties
• To obtain equal opportunities and diversity information on behalf of a candidate’s prospective employers
• To administer and protect our business (including but not limited to troubleshooting, testing, support, hosting of data)
• To enter into a contract with you
We may share this information with third parties, such as:
• professional advisors
• specialist IT support
• supplier and sub-contractors
• outsourced service providers of accounting and payroll services and HR
• marketing services;
• and any regulatory or legal body that we are obliged to report to for the purposes of processing your applications and for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on a cloud based database system. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We also limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other parties on a need-to-know basis.
Your information will only be processed in accordance with our instructions and third parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected or actual breaches.
We keep personal information for 5 years. We will then securely dispose your information by deleting it from our system.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact the DPO if you wish to make a request.
Right to withdraw consent
You have provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the DPO. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal data and dispose of it securely.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to the DPO.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk