Salary: From £32,000 OTE £38,000 Uncapped
Hours: Mon – Fri 08:00 to 17:00 (30min lunch) = 42.5-hour week, 1 in 3 Saturdays 08:00 to 13:00 (Overtime 1.5 times hourly rate)
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Vehicle Technician to join our client’s main site in Southampton. The successful Vehicle Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining a variety of vehicle makes and models. This position requires a strong understanding of automotive systems and the ability to use diagnostic tools and software to identify and resolve complex problems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cars and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
Vehicle Technician Responsibilities:
• Diagnose and repair vehicle problems, including engine, transmission, brake, suspension, and electrical issues.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections.
• Use diagnostic tools and software to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Keep accurate records of all work performed and parts used.
• Communicate with customers about vehicle issues and repair recommendations.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Keep up to date with the latest automotive technology and repair techniques.
Vehicle Technician Requirements:
• NVQ Level 3 equivalent or higher
• At least 1 year of experience as a vehicle technician
• Ability to use diagnostic tools and software.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Valid driver's license
• 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with length of service.
• Discounted Car Purchase Scheme & Colleague Car Benefit Offers
• Discounted Service / Parts / Bodyshop services
• Training and Continual Self-Development
• Free Eye Care Vouchers
• Tool Insurance
• Pension Scheme
• Employee well-being services
• Free life assurance equivalent to twice your salary
• Discounted Shopping Portal
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for growth and advancement. If you are a skilled and dedicated vehicle technician who is passionate about cars and committed to delivering high-quality work, please submit your resume for consideration.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Consultant: Jack Adams
Octane Recruitment are a leading Recruitment agency specialising in Automotive, Motor trade, Engineering, OEM and various related industries.
We are recruiting across the UK for Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Mechanic, Commercial Vehicle Technician, Diagnostic Technician, Senior Technician, Master Technician, Mobile Vehicle Technician, PDI Technician, Prep Technician, MOT Tester, Fast Fit Technician, LCV Technician, Light Commercial Technician, HGV Technician, Bus Technician, LGV Technician, HGV Engineer, HGV Mechanic, HGV Fitter
Octane Recruitment cover a variety of different sectors including Technical, Mechanical, Engineering, Sales, Service, Aftersales, Bodyshop, Fleet & Rental Management, Accounts, Finance, Marketing, & Payroll, Managerial, Logistics, Parts, Administration, Call Centre / Contact Centre, Senior Appointments, Head Office Positions and Confidential Appointments.