Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
Salary: £36,000 – £37,000 per annum
Job ref: OC11361
Contact: Joanne Wood
My client is National Commercial Vehicle organisation specialising in the Municipal Vehicle sector, they have a long history of providing an excellent Aftersales service to their clients and due to this they are expanding in several geographical areas. This is a Field based role, therefore you will be home based and an expensed Company Vehicle will be provided.
We are looking for an experienced HGV Technician to do the full remit of duties including vehicle servicing, maintenance and repair at various client sites in the area, you will also be responsible for attending Breakdown and Recovery calls and ensuring that the clients vehicle is demobilised for the minimum amount of time.
Your remit will be to ensure that all repairs are fulfilled to DVSA/ VOSA Legislation standards and other duties may include:
– Working on Refuse Collection Vehicles (RCV)/ Bin Lorries/ Dust Carts/ Sweepers/ Gritters, in fact any piece of equipment that you may find in a Municipal/ Council Workshop.
– Vehicle servicing.
– Fault finding – using high tech diagnostic equipment.
– Repairs – these and include repairs to Mechanical and Ancillary equipment, Hydraulics and Bodywork, making sure that the repairs are done efficiently and cost effectively.
– MOT preparation.
– Vehicle inspections.
– Completion of all relevant paperwork ensuring that all work compliant.
– The successful applicants must be qualified to NVQ/BTEC or City and Guilds level 3 standard in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance or have served a relevant Apprenticeship.
– A full UK Driving is required and if you have a Class I or II this would help you application further.
What you can expect:
In return you can expect a competitive basic salary, overtime and a friendly environment that rewards hard work, great benefits and a stable, long term working environment.
You can also expect to be trained, developed and given a first-class platform to progress your career. If you want to be part of a forward thinking and progressive company that will give you the platform to grow your career then please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org all applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
If this role is not for you but you are currently working in the Automotive Industry then Octane will have the role for you. Established in 2009 we deal with great companies and have a exceptional record of customer service to both our candidates and clients alike, so please feel free to send your CV to email@example.com
Reference – OC11361.
Vacancy – HGV Technician.
Location – Trafford Park.
Salary – £36000k – £37,000, overtime, day shifts and excellent benefits.
Hours – Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week.
Consultant Joanne Wood
Please quote reference number: OC11361
Direct Line: 0161 300 5428
Octane Recruitment is a specialist Automotive / Motor Trade recruitment agency. We deal with all aspects of the motor trade so if you have experience then we will be keen to have a chat; everything from Car Dealerships, HGV companies, Fleet companies, manufacturers & independent sites.